Friday, March 07, 2008

We have Concrete!

They came to pour the footings on Mar 2! And we got 2 1/2 inches of rain the next day! HA! The concrete survived, but it is a nasty mess! There is a 60% chance of SNOW tonight! GO FIGURE! It may snow twice in one year here...I wonder if this is a sign.....
This is the storm shelter my loving husband decided to put in..I had no idea about it until I asked what the big hole was for! We had some terrible storms the other night in which we were in Mallory's closet with a tornado warning in Bogue Chitto...Any time we make the news out here in the boonies we adhere to it! ha...Anyways, I thought at that moment that a storm shelter is not such a bad idea! It will be under our closet in the ground.. It freaks me out a little to be underground, but I am sure Mr.Prepared will have escape routes in mind! ha...
We are building a conventional floor...the loving husband wants to be able to get under the house to fix problems as needed...Yes he is a handyman..kind of like Tim Allen in Home Improvement! Of course I am Very Glad he is Mr Fix it! Anyways, that is why the concrete is in rows like this..there is not a slab.

1 comment:

Susann said...

Hey Amber! Bet you didn't know that I checked your blog! LOL Neisha had sent me a link to it a WHILE back and I check in once in a while to see what ya'll have been up to. I bet you're so excited to make a little bit of progress on the house! I just HAD to tell you that I LOVE the idea of a storm shelter!! IF we ever build, I would love to have one!

Take care!
Susann Altman